Sunday, July 20, 2008
Top Ten Ways for a Parent to Fight High Gas Prices
1) Only drive your kids to destinations that are downhill from you.
2) Tell your boss you can’t come into work in honor of Stephanie Tanner's
birthday (and hope he doesn’t watch Full House).
3) See if your automobile will run on syrup.
4) As a science project, have your kids siphon your neighbor’s gasoline.
5) Throw a family block party at your house; but instead of a side dish have
guests bring a barrel of crude oil. (Call it an OPEQ themed party.)
6) Car pool with neighbors and friends, but whenever it’s your turn to drive
tell them to take the bus because you're going green.
7) Use the squeege for the car windows at the gas station to wash your
8) Make your kids quit all sports except cross country.
9) Check into the legal restrictions of taking riding lawnmowers onto U.S.
10) Have your vacation at home. (Tell your kids you're pretty sure that your garage is just like Universal Studios.)
If you forward this to friends; please include my name and blog address:
by Cheryl Moeller
Posted by Cheryl Moeller: Stand up Comic for Moms, Syndicated Mom Humor Columnist, Conference Speaker, Author, Cookbook writer, and Mom of 6. Contact: email@example.com at 9:37 PM