Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not Me! Monday!


 Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to MyCharmingKids; her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.  Click here


NOT me.  I did not lock us out of the house last night.  And, I had not just checked and made sure every other door was closed and locked shut.  
It was going to be a perfect Christmas childhood memory.  I drove the kids through our neighborhood looking at Christmas lights, listening to Christmas music, and eating Christmas snacks.  It was a perfect moment until we got back home to find no, not me, not a locked house.

Not me!  I did not have the wrong keys with!  I did not have every avenue into the house locked up tight!  I did not.  I did not.
I did not try to pry a front window open that was unlocked.  Not me to the sound of cracking glass!
I did not think of breaking a window.  Not me!  Not during the coldest night of the winter!  
Not me!  I did not finally figure out the lock was not that tight on my own room's window and push with a baseball bat on the window frame while standing on my grandson's new motorized army preschool jeep.  I did not scare the neighbors.  Not me!
I did not think I would not have a Not Me for this week, knowing full well that I could not go a week much less a day without having a Not Me! experience.
  Not Me’s!


Mckmama- Not Me Monday

No comments: