Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mom Stories #4 - Ivory Knife from Africa

I had been given a hand-carved ivory letter opener as a gift in college from my employer at a world missions agency.  One morning on Bob's way to work he decided to pick it up and take it to the office to use as a letter opener. 

Ten minutes later Bob pulled up in front of our inner-city church and opened his car door to get out. At the last moment he remembered the knife-like letter opener and reached in and grabbed it off the front seat with his right hand. As he stood up and closed the car door he heard someone right behind him. He turned around to see who it was and was holding the knife.

It was a young man with a stocking cap partially blocking his face.  The moment he saw Bob's knife, he turned around and ran in the other direction at full speed.  
 
Did a gift sent from half-way around the world in Africa save Bob's life? This much is sure. Out there is perhaps some would-be robber who has to wonder just what kind of pastor carries such a knife to work with him. 

"Because the Lord is my shepherd; I have everything that I need
."
Psalm 23:1

Dear God, Thank you for your hand of protection and watch-care.  In the name of Jesus, Amen

When has God rescued you from your enemies?

11 comments:

hazel forenza said...

Moms are amazing!
Truck Accident Lawyer

Unknown said...

very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.


Best deals Dallas IT Support

Karen Sethman said...

Mother are always the best and know best everything in the family.

Pottery Place Indoor Decor Warehouse

Helen Rubio said...

Mother can only knows. Thanks for all the good and great mother out there.

Learn more PureCloud Provider

Unknown said...

Very best articles, I'm happy to read it, Beautiful nice and useful! Thank you very much.

I found this Inflow Shoretel Support

Unknown said...


I enjoyed reading this article. It gives knowledge to us. Thanks

Pottery Place Indoor Decor

noname said...

I love reading your post especially this one "Because the Lord is my shepherd; I have everything that I need." Psalm 23:1
BlackCloud Clutches

Unknown said...

Amazing blog post as always! I am very glad to see your post, I located what I was in search of here. Thank you!

BlackCloud Ford Injectors

william said...

thanks for sharing this article very inspiring and i learn a lot
Surprised at Inflow Comm San Jose Shoretel Vendor

Video Teraveloka said...

Bonus berupa freechip khusus game kartu poker dan juga domino sangat dicari banyak orang. Apalagi memasuki hari raya besar seperti Lebaran Idul Fitri 1440H - 2019 ini. Panen untuk Claim Bonus Tanpa Deposit agar bisa main permainan yang ada di S1288Poker secara cuma (Baca Selengkapnya...)

Video Teraveloka said...

Bonus berupa freechip khusus game kartu poker dan juga domino sangat dicari banyak orang. Apalagi memasuki hari raya besar seperti Lebaran Idul Fitri 1440H - 2019 ini. Panen untuk Claim Bonus Tanpa Deposit agar bisa main permainan yang ada di S1288Poker secara cuma (Baca Selengkapnya...)