Saturday, December 18, 2010
10 Reasons Mom Gets Distracted in December
2. While everyone else is trading fruit cakes, if Mom says yes to one more Christmas party where they are yodeling “Jingle Bells,” she’s going to become a fruitcake.
3. While everyone else is posing for a Christmas picture, Mom is praying that the photographer won’t notice she’s wearing two different colored flip flops. (The dog has hidden one of each.)
4. While everyone else is sporting a giant red Santa hat, Mom is taking a pass this year after last year’s fender bender when she was mistaken for a stoplight.
5. While everyone else is using the Advent calendar to count down to December 25, Mom is counting down to January 5 — and the full body mud spa treatment she promised herself.
6. While everyone else is wearing Christmas sweaters with monstrous reindeer, Mom knows that they actually make you look like a mobile Christmas bulletin board.
8. While everyone else is enjoying delicious roast turkey on Christmas Eve, Mom knows she burned her poor bird and must glue sliced turkey pieces from 7-Eleven® onto a basketball — and hope no one notices.
9. While everyone else is asking Santa for toys, games, and clothes, Mom is missing from the picture due to her request for 10 minutes to herself, a clean towel, and a bathtub with no plastic submarines floating in it.
Posted by Cheryl Moeller: Stand up Comic for Moms, Syndicated Mom Humor Columnist, Conference Speaker, Author, Cookbook writer, and Mom of 6. Contact: email@example.com at 5:12 PM