Tuesday, August 16, 2011
10 Ways to Know It's Time for September
1. You let the kids play with the water hose -- in the living room.
2. Mom and dad are doing full-out cannon ball dives into the community swimming pool -- that is, until they ask you to leave.
3. Bedtime is now 7:30 sharp -- in the morning.
4. You roasted smores with the kids over an open fire last night -- that is after the marshmallow catches fire on your stovetop.
5. You make truckloads of lemonade for dinner -- using the water from the fire hydrant.
6. You call your friends and tell them you're calling from seaside at Martha's "Grape" Vineyard -- actually you're sitting in a 2 foot plastic wading pool, after your son smears grape jelly all over his face.
7. You contact Carnival Cruise Line on-line and ask if they will sell your family one way tickets.
8. You tell your husband you're having "shrimp on the barbie" for supper -- actually its your way of telling your husband that your five-year-old daughter left her favorite doll on the gas grille.
9. You call your favorite baby-sitter and insist tonight they read a story and make macaroni and cheese -- for you.
10. Mom finally takes a nap -- but doesn't notice, under the sprinkler.
Posted by Cheryl Moeller: Stand up Comic for Moms, Syndicated Mom Humor Columnist, Conference Speaker, Author, Cookbook writer, and Mom of 6. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org at 2:49 PM