These heart biscuits would be perfect with many of the main dishes from my new cookbook, Creative Slow-Cooker Meals, Harvest House Publishers, 2012. Buy today for Valentine's Day delivery as a spiral paperback or Kindle it and start today.
Valentine's Day Heart Biscuits
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tb. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cold butter or margarine
3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. With a fok, stir in buttermilk until the mixture forms into a ball.
5. Turn onto very lightly floured surface, knead five to six times.
6. Roll into 1/2 inch thickness; cut with a 2 inch heart shaped cookie or biscuit cutter.
7. Place onto an ungreased baking sheet.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Serve with honey.