Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One Decade Behind and Losing Ground


I am about one decade behind.

I gave my beautician a picture of Farrah Fawcett and asked her to make me look like Farrah and it was 1995.


My beautician gave me a real weird puzzling look. 

I said, "Is that asking too much? I know my hair is thin and all. I am not asking for Farrah's face, just her hair and I am willing to use unlimited hair spray."

"No, it's 1995 not 1980, hair fashion wise people would be troubled by your look," she said.

I was not always like this. 


I stayed up with the times in high school, college, grad school, and marriage. But then came something I did not realize would change my fashion sense so much - babies.

Now, those same teen to adult babies remind me now how behind the times I am but have they ever considered they are the ones who caused my fall?

The decade behind for me is is not only fashion but also food.

"We are having our first Kale, Pear, and Cranberry Salad for supper," I told my friends in Starbucks this morning, hoping to impress them.


Most of them gave me a real weird puzzling look.

One said, "We had our first Kale Salad in 2005, we now use fresh dandelion greens from our own yard as the base in our salads."

"I didn't know about the new rave. I've been busy with my babies," I said, using my generic excuse.

"Your baby is 14." One friend quipped, she can pick the dandelion greens for you.



No comments: