Monday, August 19, 2013
Lunch today on a bike ride picnic.
1 medium zucchini (not too wide)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan. I love fresh real Parmesan Cheese!
1/4 cup finely grated carrots
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet.
3. Slice the zucchini into 1/5-inch thick rounds.
4 In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini coins with the oil.
5. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan, fine grated carrots, and finely ground pepper.
6. Stir the coins into the Parmesan mixture, coating it evenly on both sides, pressing the coating on to stick as you place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake the zucchini rounds until browned and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes. (Check often in case you want/need a short baking time.)
8. Remove with spatula.
9. Money! Serve immediately or store after cooling.
Zuc homegrown in our family garden!
Posted by Cheryl Moeller: Stand up Comic for Moms, Syndicated Mom Humor Columnist, Conference Speaker, Author, Cookbook writer, and Mom of 6. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org at 5:08 AM