Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Things you are not going to hear from mother...

"Turn up that ipod, Barrett! How in the world can you hear with it turned so low?"

"Recycle, Reuse, Renew... I expect you to wear that same shirt for the entire month."

"Of course Preston, if everyone is doing it, you should be able to do it too."

Or a similar, but older, version, (“If everyone walks over a cliff, I would expect you, Preston, to be the one to dive over it too.”)

"And I want no complaining about this – we’re going to save on the grocery bill by cutting out all fruits and vegetables."

"Why use Kleenex?"

"There you go again wearing a coat when it’s raining outside -- just wasting your time taking it on and off."

"Please go ahead and drink out of your brother's cup – who ever heard of strep throat being catchy?”

“We could care less what neighbors will think.”

"Get three new puppies? Why not? I know in the end you’ll be the one stuck taking care of them.”

"If I’ve told you once, I’ve told you a thousand times, leave that door wide open behind you! We need fresh air in here."

"Why work so hard on your schoolwork, when you can watch television all day?”

"Pour out that skim milk right now and open a Coke. Do you hear me?”

"Stick and stones won’t break my bones, but words...................say whatever you want."

"Please, please don’t visit me today of all days – it’s only Mother’s Day.”

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

No comments: