1 1/2 lbs. carrots, sliced
1 tsp. pure maple syrup
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
6 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
*optional add a touch of butter or walnut oil to taste
- Put the carrots, butter, stock, and the maple syrup in the crockpot. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover, and cook 6 hours on low.
- Pour into a blender container in batches and carefully puree. Best served hot with a sprinkle of ground ginger.
- 1 long carrot, chopped
- 1 long celery stalk, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry lentils
- 6 - 7 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1. Add lentils, carrots, celery to 6 cups boiling broth in the crockpot.
2. Cook for 6-7 hours on low.