Soup #1 Charles Sumner Pumpkin Soup
1 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped (optional) or some dried onion flakes
1 lb. fresh uncooked pumpkin meat or 1 – 16 oz. pumpkin, canned
3 cups chicken stock
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/4 tsp. salt, optional
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup whipping cream, not sweet
1. In a large slow cooker, place all ingredients.
2. Cook for about 6 hours on low with cover on.
3. Discard bay leaf. Cool slightly.
4. In a blender or food processor, process soup in batches until smooth.
5. Return to slow cooker and add 1/2 cup whipping cream (not sweet).
6. Heat up again for one hour in slow cooker.
7. To serve, garnish each bowl of soup with a sprig of fresh parsley.
Soup #2 Italian Tomato Rice SoupIngredients:
1 36 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup white rice, uncooked
1. Empty contents of spaghetti sauce into crockpot with 1/2 cup rice.
2. Simmer 6 hours in crockpot on low with cover on.
3. Serve with cut provolone cheese and Italian croutons.